A 120-hour intensive TESOL course is valuable for learners who need theoretical knowledge and practice training. This program is designed and administered by the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program whose faculty members are highly qualified and experienced ESL teacher trainers. The course includes curriculum and materials development, teaching methodology, teaching language skills, assessment and evaluation, linguistics for teachers, and teaching practice at different classroom setting. This certificate is designed for those with little or no experience of teaching English but need basic knowledge, skills, and experience in English teaching.
This course is practical in nature and is designed to give a systematic introduction to, and basic grounding in, English language teaching. Student teachers will learn how to design, prepare, and teach language to foreign/second language learners. The course covers a course design, methodology, assessment and classroom management. Teaching practice and observation of teachers are included on the course.
- be able to systematically design an English language course and teaching materials
- be able to assess students performance and outcomes
- be able to approach the teaching of grammar and vocabulary communicatively
- be able to approach the teaching of the four skills
- be able to write lesson plans
- be able to use and adapt course books and other resources
- be able to manage classrooms through creating and maintaining learner interest
- have learned how to reflect upon learning and teaching issues
- be able to put into use reflection for professional development
- be able to apply al the teaching knowledge into practice in real classrooms
- be able to teach lessons with minimal guidance
TBA (4 weeks, 120 hours)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with no experience or little experience in teaching English language
- Be able to understand and communicate in English.
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching Methodology
- Material Development
- Language Assessment
- Classroom Management
- Reflection in Teaching and Professional Development
- Linguistics for Language Teachers