Name of CertificateCertificate of Thai Language and culture and professional ethics training course for Practicing the Teaching Profession.
PrincipleThe Teachers and Educational Personnel council Act B.E 2546 (2003) prescribes that teaching profession is a licensed profession, and the second paragraph of Clause 5 of the Regulation of the teacher Council of Thailand Governing Professional Practice License B.E. 2547(2004) prescribes that any foreigner applying for a license to practice the teaching profession shall have passed the testing and evaluation of knowledge in accordance with the rules and procedures as specified by the teachers Council of Thailand Board. This That culture and professional ethics training course is established by the Teachers Council of Thailand for foreigners having education degree and applying for licenses to practice the teaching profession, provided that such foreigners shall have completed training in this course.
ObjectiveTo ensure that a person who has completed training in this course understand Thai society, professional ethics and can use knowledge and experience obtained from the training to practice the profession effectively.
ScheduleClick here to view the training schedule.
- No less than 20 years of age
- Foreigners with degree in Education or equivalence or any degree acknowledged by the Teachers Council of Thailand Board
- Has completed a teaching job no less than one year in a qualified educational institute and passed the evaluation specified by the teacher's council committee
- A misbehaving or unethical person
- A person previously imprisoned for a case not suitable for the teaching career
Training DurationThe training course is a total of 20 hours.
Time and LocationThe training schedule is set up every Saturday at 9.00am to 4.00pm for one month in a meeting room on the second floor of Paradornparp International House, Payap University, Mae khao campus.
Tuition and Fee5,000 baht per person.
- The applicant must first complete and submit the Admission Form.
- Upon submission of the Admission Form, the applicant will then need to complete the Application Form.
Certificate EndorsementA certificate endorsed by Teachers Council of Thailand Board and Payap University will be awarded on completion of the training.
Course Structure and DescriptionClick here to view the course structure and course descriptions.
Measurement and EvaluationBy way of testing 20% and practical training 80%.
Evaluation CriteriaApplying pass/fail criteria. Required to pass not less than 60% of the testing requirements.
Contact for more information and to submit an application form:Office of secretary, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Khun Ruengrai Hunsa
Mae Khao Campus, Payap University
Telephone No: (053) 851478 ext 7503
Program Coordinator: A. Chalida Wasuwat Faculty of Psychology Department