In the heart of Southeast Asia, Thailand is a land of contrasts: gorgeous countryside of rice fields, mountains, hills, and ancient temples; bustling city life in the capital, Bangkok; and beaches world-famous for diving and snorkeling. A largely Buddhist society, Thailand's population is varied with many tribal groups and immigrants.
Set amidst the cool and beautiful mountains of northern Thailand, Chiang Mai has the advantages of a city but with the feel of a small town where the old style of Thai living is preserved. Chiang Mai, some 700 km (438 mi) north of Bangkok, is Thailand's second largest city, though it does not even have 10% of Bangkok's population. It is the capital of one of the largest provinces of Thailand (roughly 20,000 sq km, 7,720 sq mi) and is the center of Northern Thailand. In many respects, it is much more pleasant than Bangkok. A common claim is that it has the advantages of Bangkok without suffering the capital's disadvantages.
Advantages Of Studying In Payap University's International Degree Programs
- International curriculum designed specifically to prepare graduates for international careers.
- All classes taught in English by highly qualified professors.
- Focus on individual attention -- small class sizes, personal advising.
- Access to brand new computing and research facilities comparable to any major university in Thailand or the west.
- Opportunities to study one or two foreign languages in addition to students' native languages.
- Opportunities for international experiences of at least two months in Europe, Australia, and the United States through study abroad programs with partner universities and internships with companies and other organizations.
- Affordable tuition and cost of living.
- Safe and comfortable lifestyle in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Convenient campus location in Chiang Mai with easy access to Bangkok and neighboring countries.
- Professional support services, including career counseling and networking.
- Opportunities to develop friendships with people from many countries and cultures.
- First-class dormitories for international students, located right on campus.
Cost Of Living
The cost of living in Chiang Mai and Thailand is low compared to western countries, and some costs seem unbelievably low. For example, a heaped plate of delicious Thai food near Payap University costs 25 baht. A few more examples are listed below.
- Apartments with an attached bathroom and balcony 1500-4500 baht per month.
- Motorbike rental from 100 baht per day.
- A shared taxi across town is about 20 baht per journey.
- A non-alcoholic dinner for two in a riverside restaurant with live music costs from about 250 baht.
- A can of Coke costs about 15 baht.
Euro to Thai baht
U.S. dollar to Thai baht