Computer Information SystemsThe application of new computing technologies is rapidly changing the nature and speed of global business. Employers are increasingly seeking workers with professional skills and knowledge in both the business and computer fields. Payap University has long-standing strengths in computer science and business administration, and educates students in an environment that stresses the university's commitment to "Truth and Service".
The Computer Information Systems program addresses the national need for well-educated, skilled professionals in information technology and information systems by offering Payap students a broad course of study. The program goals are: 1) to strengthen the languages and technical skills of our students; 2) to attract a world-wide student body interested in studying technical subjects in English, with a special emphasis on attracting students from neighboring countries; 3) to provide well-prepared graduates to business and computing industries in Thailand or Asia Pacific countries.
The program is designed to produce graduates with a strong technical/computing background and who are capable of applying computing skills to business information systems in organizations. Graduates will have the following characteristics:
- A broad understanding of techniques, theories, and ethical issues in business information managing and computing.
- The practical and theoretical skills to work as System analysts, System designers or System developers.
- The capability to apply computing techniques and information technology to business management problems and situations.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English or other non-native language.
PhilosophyNot only is computing technology shrinking the business world, but effective systems for managing information and communication is also crucial to the accomplishment of many business functions.
- Provide students with a strong foundation in computing technologies, business information management, and languages.
- Prepare individual analysts, designers or developers for managing and producing information systems in business and/or the ICT industries.
- Build professional links worldwide and develop positive relationships in the international community.
- Classes taught in English by professors with internation experience
- Preparation for an international career
- Small classes, personal advising, individual attention
- Friendships with a diverse group of students from many countries and cultures
- The chance to study multiple foreign languages
- Professional support services, career counseling, and job connections
- Internships and study abroad at partner institutions in Asia, Australia, and the USA
- Safe and comfortable lifestyle in Chiang Mai
- Easy access to Bangkok and neighboring countries
- Computing and research facilities in a major university