English CommunicationIn an era that sees information technology playing an essential role in global communication, with English being the most significant medium for international interactions, people excelling in English are capable of consuming news, information and knowledge through a great variety of sources, of extending their knowledge to others and of communicating competently in a globalised world. In addition, English has become a vital tool for economic, industrial, political, and diplomatic development of a nation.
Determined to support the learner to posses qualities needed for the new-millennium internationalization, Payap University, which is located in northern Thailand and which foresees the rising demand for manpower with great English proficiency to handle the economic expansion in the countries in the Mekhong Delta Sub-Region and in the Northern Economic Quadrangle, is now offering an international Bachelor of Arts Program in English Communication. This programís principal objective is to create personnel who not only can communicate efficiently in English but also can possess skills and potential for technological exploitation both in their professions and as supporting staff in numerous others.
PhilosophyBetter use of languages for better understanding of global society
MissionThe English Communication Department aims to produce graduates with international perspective, global awareness, sustainable knowledge, and language skills in diverse areas.
- To enable students to communicate fluently and accurately with the four skills in relevance to English culture according to time and venue
- To enable students to develop potential in using English skills and information technology in diverse areas with adaptability to careers chosen
- To enable students to have analytical, critical, and communicative minds
- To encourage students to develop learning autonomy and enhance their intellectual self-esteem
- To cultivate an international perspective and a global awareness in students
- Academic challenges: EC helps students realize their full potential and prepares them for international careers.
- Highly dedicated faculty: All classes are taught in English by professors with international experience
- Individual attention: Small class size and personal advising
- Student exchange program: Internships and opportunities to study abroad at partner institutions in Asia, Australia, and the United States, for a semester or one academic year
- Extra-curricular activities: Social events, corporate visit, and field trips
- International student service: Assistance in finding accommodation and student visa renewal
- Excellent campus facilities: Spacious classrooms, Language Resource Center, internet service, multi-media library, and student accommodation
- Access to technology: A computer corner for your convenience and wireless network connection