Welcome to the first semester at the Payap University of The International College (IC)!
Date: August 17th (Monday), 2020
Time: 9:30 A.M. to 2 P.M. (Local time)
Venue: Room PC417 at The International College Building (https://goo.gl/maps/un8QZhhV1xq) with social distancing policy or Virtual using Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Limit the number of students to 50
- Wear face masks
- Keep participants 1 meter apart
Please find the schedule below.
|09.30 – 10.00||Registration|
|10.00 – 10.10||Welcome speech by the Interim President or Vice President|
|10.10 – 10.25||Introduction to Payap University, the International College, Administrators, Instructors|
|10.25 – 10.35||Speech from the Dean of the International College|
|10.35 – 10.45||IT Services, Microsoft Office 365|
|10.45 – 11.00||Break|
|11.00 – 11.20||Student Visa, Health Insurance for non-Thai Students (international students), Student Development|
|11.20 – 11.40||Introduction to the E-Registrar|
|11.40 – 12.00||International College Student Union (ICSU) Activities|
|12.00 – 13.00||Lunch break|
|13.00 – 14.00||Meet with the Department
- The International College encourages all new students to join a campus tour as we will introduce you to some important places, for example the library and registration office. To complete your enrollment and making a student ID card of yours will be included.
- White shirt with a collar is recommended for you to wear on that day since you need to take a photo at the registration office.
- Do not forget to submit a student profile form by 31st August 2020.
Q: What if I cannot attend the orientation day on campus?
A: In case that any new students cannot attend the new student orientation on Monday, 17th August 2020. This orientation will be broadcasted online via Microsoft Teams to new students so that you can join us from your places.
Q: Can I have access to Microsoft 365 for my online teaching and learning?
A: Yes, Payap staff and students can get Microsoft 365 for free. Please refer to Microsoft Office 365.
Q: My Payap email does not work?
A: You may need to activate your internet account. Please refer to IT Services.
Q: How can I check my study timetable?
A: You can check your study timetable from the the E-Registrar system online. Please refer to IT Services.
Q: Where is my course in Microsoft Teams?
A: If your course instructor uses Microsoft Teams, go to Office.com and sign in with your Payap email and password. From your Office.com homepage, click on the Teams app to open it right in your browser. Select Teams to see which class teams you’re in. If your instructor has already set up the class team and added you, you’ll see one of more class team tiles.
If you don’t see any class team tiles? Your instructor may have invited you to join your class team with:
- A join code from the Teams page, select Join or create team and enter the code.
- A link (check your email! or click “Microsoft Teams” next to your course from this page).
- If you are still not sure, you should contact your instructor ASAP.
Q: Where is my course in Zoom?
A: Your instructor may have invited you to join your class with a link (check your email! or click “Zoom” next to your course from this page). If you are still not sure, you should contact your instructor ASAP.
Q: How to join a Zoom (class) meeting ?
A: Open the Zoom desktop client. Join a meeting using one of these methods:
- Click join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in.
- Sing in to Zoom then click join.
- You may need to enter the meeting ID number (ask your course instructor) and your display name.
- Undergraduate students, https://ic.payap.ac.th/?page_id=1283
- Graduate students, https://ic.payap.ac.th/?page_id=1319
- SERVICE HANDBOOK: Registration and Educational Services Office, https://ic.payap.ac.th/?page_id=3222
- IC Administrators and Staff, https://ic.payap.ac.th/?page_id=887
- Student Visa Information, https://ic.payap.ac.th/?page_id=83
- Microsoft Teams for Education: Quick start guide for students, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-started-in-your-class-team-6b5fd708-35b9-4caf-b66e-d8f2468e4fd5
This COVID-19 Update webpage will serve as a guide to help faculty, staff, and students navigate the college’s operating plan during the COVID-19 outbreak. The content on this page has been compiled from the latest information provided by college and university leaders, is informed by local, state, national public health officials, and will be updated frequently as situations dictate.
- International Students and Staff During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Visa Extension During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Admissions During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Supervision of Teaching and Learning Management During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Resources for Online Teaching and Learning During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Photo gallery of new student orientation 1/2020
Last modified on: