The Secretary General of the National Security Council (NSC) at the meeting of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on 28 September 2020 gave a report on the permission and criteria for persons who can be allowed to enter the Kingdom of Thailand, in accordance with related regulations.
According to the report, six groups of people will be allowed to enter the Kingdom and certain criteria have been set:
1. A number of foreign athletes will participate in the Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s Cup “Tour of Thailand 2020” (long-distance bicycle competition) from 6 to 16 October 2020 in Samut Songkhram, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong, and Surat Thani. They will stay in quarantine for 14 days at Rattanakosin Hotel;
2. Quarantine guidelines have been set for Thai Airways International pilots and crew who work on repatriation flights;
3. Non-immigrant visa holders entering Thailand to contribute to the country’s economy are required to have a minimum deposit of 500,000 baht in their bank account for six consecutive months;
4. Conditions have been set for the special tourist visa (STV) for long-stay tourists, as approved in principle by the Cabinet on 15 September 2020;
5. APEC Card holders to be allowed to enter the Kingdom are from low-risk countries and territories, such as Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, the Republic of Korea, China, and Hong Kong. Disease control must be imposed;
6. Conditions have been set for people wishing to have a short-term or long-term stay in Thailand.