Note: These regulations are to outline the procedures for such educational programs between institutions as student exchanges, study overseas, and the like, both on the part of Payap students going elsewhere for part of their academic work or for students from other institutions coming to Payap for part of their academic work. The original document in Thai is the official version and should be referred to in all cases of dispute. This English version is a translation summary. Items 1-4 are definitions. The material begins with Item 5.
5. Conditions and procedures for students from Payap University who wish to register for certain courses at other institutions of higher education:
5.1 Registering for certain courses at institutions with the country:
- The course must be one(s) that Payap University is not offering but which a student desires to take in order to complete graduation requirements in that semester.
- Please get an application form to take an inter-institutional course from the academic student services office and follow the steps on the form, attaching an explanation of the course and the correspondence with the department.
- Submit the form to the registration and educational services office at least 4 weeks before the other institution begins the course.
- When permission has been given to take the course at the other institution please get a letter of reference from the registration and educational services department to present together with other registration forms at the other institution.
- Study must follow the procedures of that institution.
- When evaluation of the study [grade reports] have come from the other institution, apply to that institution of higher education for a report to be sent to the registrar’s office of the Academic Affairs Department of Payap so the results can be added to the student’s transcript.
5.2 Registering for certain courses at institutions outside the country:
- Registering for courses from institutions of higher education overseas must be with institutions which have processed academic memoranda of understanding with Payap University, or with the permission of the university.
- Please get an application form to take an inter-institutional course outside the country from the registration and educational services office and follow the procedures on the form, attaching an description of the course(s) and the correspondence with the department as well as the international affairs or other department that has responsibility. In other to allow for time for contacts between the registration and student services division and to investigate the details of our memorandum of understanding with the other institution, please submit your application at least 5 weeks in advance.
- When permission has been granted for study outside the country, payment of applicable fees must be paid to the finance department, and then a copy the application together with evidence of the payment should be filed with the registration and educational services division as evidence.
- When results of the study [grade reports] have been issued please present the evidence together with details of the course of study to the registration and educational services office so they can proceed to transfer the academic credits from that institution.
6. Conditions and procedures for students from other institutions who wish to take certain courses at the [Payap] university:
- The applicant must be a full-fledged student of another institution of higher education. In cases in which the student is a student from an institution overseas the student should contact the international affairs division or other department raking responsibility at Payap University in order to find out the details about inter-institutional study.
- Submit an application together with certification of ones student standing from the other institution to the registration and educational services division, at least 4 weeks before the opening of the semester, to allow time for approval.
- When permission has been given to study at Payap University, registration and payment of fees must be done according to the university’s procedures.
- While studying at the university the student must comply with the regulations of the university in every way.
- When the process of evaluation has been completed the registration and educational services office will issue evidence of the study and will send grade report(s) to the student’s home institution in order to transfer the credits.
7. Exceptions to these regulations based upon necessity can be made by the president in cases of items 5 and 6.
8. Any subject taken at another institution must have at least three quarters of the same content as a course in the student’s course program at Payap.
9. The number of students accepted for inter-institutional study must not exceed ten percent of the number of [regular] students studying in a class level in any year.
10. The number of [payap] students studying in inter-institutional programs must not be more that ten percent of the students studying in any program, and individual students may not take more than 12 credits per semester or 6 credits per summer term.
11. The president has final authority to make decisions and to carry out these programs.
Signed 19 December 2551.