n 2014 Payap commenced work on the Campus Accessibility project (renovation), largely funded by a grant from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through their American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (ASHA) program. The goal of this project was to make Payap the first university in northern Thailand to be fully accessible to those with physical challenges.
Accessibility features for campus buildings and walkways:
- Access ramps to building entrances
- Accessible sidewalk curbs and road crossings
- Designated parking spaces close to building entrances
- Replacement of narrow entry doors with wider ones
- New disabled toilet facilities
- Elevators for accessibility to higher floors of selected buildings