Q: Where is my course and examination schedules?
A: Students can check course and examination schedules on e-Registrar (https://reg.payap.ac.th). Sign in with your student number and password, then click Study/Exam Timetable.
Q: Where is my course in Microsoft Teams?
A: If your course instructor uses Microsoft Teams, go to Office.com and sign in with your Payap email and password. From your Office.com homepage, click on the Teams app to open it right in your browser. Select Teams to see which class teams you’re in. If your instructor has already set up the class team and added you, you’ll see one of more class team tiles.
If you don’t see any class team tiles? Your instructor may have invited you to join your class team with:
- A join code from the Teams page, select Join or create team and enter the code.
- A link (check your email! or click “Microsoft Teams” next to your course from above table).
- If you are still not sure, you should contact your course instructor ASAP.
Q: Can I use non-Payap email (guest) to access Microsoft Teams?
A: Yes, but the guest access has limitations by design. Here’s a list of some of the functionality that isn’t available to a guest in Microsoft Teams:
- People search outside of Teams
- Calendar, Scheduled Meetings, or Meeting Details
- Create or revise a team
- Browse for a team
- Upload files to a person-to-person chat
Q: My Payap email does not work?
A: You may need to activate your internet account. Don’t get to change your default password. Please refer to IT Services (PDF).
Q: I can’t sign in to Microsoft Office 365?
A: You may need to reset your Internet account. Please refer to IT Services (PDF).
Q: I can sign in but Microsoft Office 365 saying the “New to Office 365? … user license very recently assigned”?
“New to Office 365?
This is your Office 365 home page—where you can see and access all of your Office 365 apps. If it’s empty, it could be that your user license was very recently assigned to you. Wait 10 minutes and refresh this page. If you still don’t see any apps, contact your IT department. They can help you get up and running.”
A: Contact our IT Office to check your Office 365 account. It may take up to 2 hours to work.
Q: Can I join Microsoft class teams as guest?
A: Yes, if you don’t have a Teams account, select Join as a guest and enter your name to join the meeting (class) as a guest.
Q: Where is my course in Zoom?
A: Your instructor may have invited you to join your class with a link (check your email! or click “Zoom” next to your course from this page). If you are still not sure, you should contact your instructor ASAP.
Q: How to join a Zoom (class) meeting?
A: Open the Zoom desktop client. Join a meeting using one of these methods:
- Click join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in.
- Sing in to Zoom then click join.
- You may need to enter the meeting ID number (ask your course instructor) and your display name.
Q: Do these measures apply to all courses, and how long?
A: Yes, these measures apply to all undergraduate and postgraduate taught until further notice.
Q: Will my course be online or on campus in August?
A: We are currently working course by course to determine how your courses will look like. The first week of classes will be taught online only. The normal in-class teaching and learning can be carried out starting from August 24, 2020 onward. In case that any students cannot attend normal classes, the in-class teaching should also be broadcasted to them online so that they can study from their places.
Q: What will on campus delivery look like?
A: Students will be taught in the same small groups with social distancing policy.
Q: My course has laboratory or practical sessions, will I be able to access this learning?
A: Yes, you will have access to some on-campus practical sessions, although the on-campus teaching hours will be reduced to ensure government social distancing guidelines are met.
Q: Can I have access to Microsoft 365 for my online teaching and learning?
A: Yes, Payap staff and students can get Microsoft 365 for free.
Q: When do classes start?
A: It has been confirmed that the second semester of the academic year 2020 (2563) of the international programs will be on 11, January 2021.
Q: What if I am not able to come to Thailand in August?
A: We know that this semester brings a degree of uncertainty. If you are not able to come to Payap in August, we will still broadcast our courses so that you will be able to start online learning. Then you may be able to travel to Thailand at a later date to study on campus, so you will still be able to experience campus life.
Q: When the deadline is for requesting a leave of absence?
A: If you are not registered for the 1st semester, it will be 12 March 2021 16:00:00. If you are registered for the 1st semester, it will be 30 April 2021 16:00:00. You must give valid reasons and provide supporting evidence.
1. Present Student ID Cards to obtain a “Leave of Absence Request Form” (PYU 0221/1/1/51) at the Admission and Student Records Unit.
2. Students are granted up to two successive semesters for a leave of absence. (All periods on leave of absence are included in a length of study.)
3. Any outstanding debts to the university must be cleared before going on leave.
4. Follow the specified instructions.
5. Pay for the fee of 500 THB each semester at the Finance Office.
6. Submit the approved request to the Admission and Student Records Unit.