A Certificate earned in Payap University’s Foundation Studies (C. FS) program enables students to reach the level of study required to succeed at the undergraduate level of Payap’s International College (IC). The program curriculum reflects the diversity of an International College curriculum in general, as well as the diversity of the particular academic fields represented in Payap University’s IC. Courses introduce students to the skills and knowledge sets required to succeed in their subsequent undergraduate studies. Successful completion of the program will enable students to enter and excel in the first year of their chosen Bachelor’s Degree at Payap University’s International College.
- Offering a pre-university qualification to meet the needs of international students and the International College programs at Payap University’s International College.
- A university preparation program for students who have not met the direct entry requirements for a Bachelor Degree at Payap University’s International College.
Payap University’s International College offers the following four undergraduate programs taught in English.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Communication (EC)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Industry Management (HIM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business Management (IBM)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (IT)
2-Semester Program (1 year)
- Diploma from a high school (grade 12, M6, or the result of an approved equivalency examination)
- GPA of at least 2.00
- If English is not a student’s first language, then that student must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English (at least TOEFL internet based 55, or IELTS Academic 5.5, or equivalent).
Facilities and Services
Situated on the campus, students will have access to all of the facilities and services that Payap University’s International College has to offer. As a result, students will become immersed in the full university experience and campus life from day one. Hence by the time students enter university, they feel right at home.
To be eligible for the Foundation Studies Program, a student must earn at least 24 credits distributed as follows, and maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- The numbers after each course (e.g., 3 (3-0-6)) represent the credits, lecture hours, laboratory/practice hours, and self-study hours, respectively.
- It is the responsibility of the student to meet all prerequisite requirements. Students may not be allowed to take a course if its prerequisites have not been satisfactorily passed.
|1. General Education Courses||24 Credits|
|1.1 Social Sciences and Humanities Courses||at least 9 Credits|
|GE 111 TRUTH AND SERVICE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 113 A PATH TO WISDOM||3 (2-2-5) Credits|
|GE 114 CITIZENSHIP, GOOD GOVERNANCE AND PEACE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|1.2 Mathematics, Sciences and Technology Courses||at least 9 Credits|
|GE 141 MATHEMATICS FOR DAILY LIFE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 142 HEALTH MYTHS||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 143 SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR THE QUALITY OF LIFE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|1.3 Language Competency for Communication Courses||at least 6 Credits|
|1.3.1 English Language Course||at least 3 Credits|
|GE 137 WRITING SKILLS AND ACADEMIC PRESENTATIONS||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|1.3.2 Other Language Options Courses
(not first language or native language)
|at least 3 Credits|
|GE 128 THAI FOR CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 129 THAI THROUGH MEDIA FOR LIFELONG LEARNING||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 421 THAI IN THE WORK PLACE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 151 CHINESE FOR CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 152 CHINESE THROUGH MEDIA FOR LIFELONG LEARNING||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 451 CHINESE IN THE WORK PLACE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 161 JAPANESE FOR CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 162 JAPANESE THROUGH MEDIA FOR LIFELONG LEARNING||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 461 JAPANESE IN THE WORK PLACE)||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 171 GERMAN FOR CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 172 GERMAN THROUGH MEDIA FOR LIFELONG LEARNING||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|GE 471 GERMAN IN THE WORK PLACE||3 (3-0-6) Credits|
|Total Number of Credits||24 Credits|