Admission Requirements

For Undergraduate Programs in the International College

  • Diploma from a traditional high school (grade 12, M6, Year 13 or the result of an approved equivalency examination) not a vocational high school.
  • Payap University will accept the General Educational Development (GED) or the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) tests as they are commonly considered equivalent to a high school diploma.
    • Ex-GED: 5 passed + diploma received
    • International GED: 4 passed + diploma received
    • IGCSE: “O” level with 5 grade C (and above) + “A” level with 3 grade C (and above) and diploma received
  • A person of good character (behavior).
  • A person with sound health and no chronic medical conditions that would be barriers to study.
  • If English is not a student’s first language, then that student must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English.
    • The approved tests and minimum scores are TOEFL iBT 61 or above; IELTS 6.0 or above; CEFR B2 or above; and with at least 2 years’ validity.
    • Students exempt from Payap English Language Proficiency testing requirements are passport holders of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
    • Students with a TOEFL iBT score below 61 or an IELTS score below 6.0 or CEFR B2 are required to study full-time in Payap’s Intensive English Program (IEP) until they pass the advanced level and earned at least B2 of Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT).
    • Students within Thailand may submit a TOEFL or IELTS or CEFR result or they may take the Payap English Language Proficiency test (Oxford Online Placement Test – OOPT) on campus.
    • To have your TOEFL score sent to Payap University, use code number 5948 when indicating the institution that should receive your score.
    • The International College reserves the rights to accept or reject proof of adequate English language proficiency based on our extensive list of recognized certificates of English language proficiency.
  • Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.

For Graduate Programs in the International College

Graduate Students should contact the individual departments or International Admissions for entrance requirements. For information on applying, click here or contact the Admissions Office (International programs) located on the ground floor (Room PC101) of Pentecost Building.

Credit Transfer

Students must complete a credit transfer request form at the Office of the Registrar. There is a fee of 500 Thai Baht, payable to the Finance Office. The submission of the transfer request form and payment of the fee must be completed before the process can begin. Once all the required paperwork is submitted, the form will be forwarded to the Office of Academic Affairs. Academic Affairs will then forward the request to the appropriate department(s) for verification of each individual course taught in English.  All documents submitted for review, e.g., transcripts, course descriptions, syllabi, etc., MUST BE IN ENGLISH.

This process may take several weeks, depending upon how many credits the student is requesting to be verified and how many departments are involved. Students attempting to determine how many credits they will be able to transfer PRIOR to enrolling may experience an even longer period of processing. There may be additional documents required for review and students who are not already on campus (i.e., not yet enrolled) may find this process particularly cumbersome and time-consuming.

For more detailed information regarding credit transfers, please refer to

Application Forms

Admissions Process