American Veterans VA Program
Payap University has been approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) of the United States of America to offer degree programs to eligible American veterans. You can use your Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits to study abroad in Thailand.
Currently, there are thirteen degree programs approved for VA funding. The programs are:
- Information Technology (BS)
- International Business Management (BS)
- English Communication (BA)
- Hospitality Industry Management (BS)
- Master of Divinity (MDIV)
- Master’s in Linguistics (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MA)
- International Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
- Peace Studies (PhD)
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) – Thai Faculty
- Humanities (BA) – Thai Faculty
- Computer Science (BS) – Thai Faculty
- Accountancy, Finance, and Banking (BS) – Thai Faculty
The latter four are programs within the Thai portion of the university and taught entirely in Thai. All other programs are part of the International College and taught entirely in English.
VA funding is only authorized for students attending the university on a full-time basis and enrolled in one of the approved degree programs. Certificate programs (such as the Intensive Thai Program) are not eligible.
How to Enroll in the VA Program at Payap
The first thing that a prospective veteran must do prior to enrolling is obtain a Certificate of Eligibility. This must be done directly with the VA. Once the Certificate of Eligibility is obtained, bring the form to our Certifying Official (CO) within the Payap University Office of International Relations and Support. The CO will enter you into our system via VA-ONCE (VA website).
To obtain complete information regarding veterans attending a foreign school, visit this VA website: http://www.gibill.va.gov/resources/education_resources/foreign_schools.html.